What is Window Condensation and what can you do about it?
Window condensation is the result of a higher air moisture content contacting lower temperatures on the glass. More condensation can occur when the higher the interior humidity and the lower the outside window temperature. Wood rot, mold and mildew can result due to excessive interior humidity, causing health concerns and structural damage.
Broward Impact has simple tips to add years to the life of your impact windows and doors:
• Check for smooth adequate operation.
• Use manufacturer-approved exhaust fans, especially when showering.
• Install and use a dehumidifier when possible.
• Circulate air by using ceiling fans.
• Open windows and doors whenever possible to allow interior moisture to escape.
For more information, contact us at 954-922-0606.